About this venue
The new heart of Irish culture in Dublin can be found nestled behind the blue door on Number Twenty Two, South Anne Street, Dublin 2, just off Grafton Street, reincarnated from the old energies of McGonagles and The Crystal Ballroom. This magnificent supper club and theatre will host eclectic performances and cultural events while offering guests the opportunity to enjoy the live entertainment and dining experience.
Upon entering, you’re transported into another world, made up of thick blue velvet curtains, meticulously carved wooden décor and stone walls. Immediately inside you’ll find the ‘confessional box’ or box office, leading you down a beautiful constructed and decorated hallway full of pictures of musical legends who have played here. You are then lead downstairs and underground to our Library Bar and Balcony. Further down our gorgeous staircase leads you down to an undeniably beautiful stained glass windows, and Main Theatre area when filled has a cracking energy. Contact our team to start planning your event.
Venue Hire for Events
All of our spaces within the venue (The Library Bar, Balcony and Main Theatre) are available for private hire and are ideally suited for sophisticated corporate events, birthday nights out, launch nights and private parties. The Main Theatre holds 400 guests or 200 seated. The Library and Balcony can hold approx. 50 each.
Dinner & a Show
The concept of dinner and a show has been totally lost on Dublin, until now. Only here can you sit at a beautifully furnished table and chairs, and watch either from our balcony or stage level a really incredible act. London, Paris and New York has it, but now we have it too.
- Wednesday – Sunday: 12pm till late for lunch, dinner and drinks in the Library Bar
- Thursdays: Traditional Irish music night. This features world-class acts like Martin Hayes and Frankie Gavin, and homegrown talents like MOXIE and Stockton Swing. Available for dinner and show.
- Fridays: Cabaret is alive & well at The Birdcage in Number Twenty Two. Every Friday you can travel back in time to the heyday of the New York, LA, Parisian and Berlin Cabaret scenes for an intimate evening of classic cabaret. For the first time, Cabaret lovers in Dublin can watch a show with a three-course a la carte meal and table service. Join us for different themed cabaret each Friday featuring classic cabaret, aerial dancing, burlesque and dance ensembles set to a soundtrack of hot jazz, cabaret solos and modern-era songs with a bgygone-era twist. This is cabaret in the truest sense of the worlds – tongue-in-cheek, provocative, hilarious and pure entertainment. Tickets are €55 for dinner and show and €25 show only. Doors 7pm, Dinner from 7.30pm, Show from 8pm.
- Saturdays Evenings: Café Society night is open every Saturday, dinner from 7:30pm, show from 9:30pm. The dining package is available for €65 which includes a three course a la Carte menu plus the show, or €30 for show only. Steak and Sides are €3 (additional) for dinner a la carte menu for Café Society.
- Saturday Nights: Number Twenty Two, South Anne Street had transformed Saturday Night entertainment in Dublin city centre with GLITTERBALL – Saturday Nite Fever. A new themed concept with all the glitz & glamour, vibes, visuals & music reflective of New York’s disco heyday nostalgia brought up to date for a fresh clubbing experience for the city. And offering supper-club deals from earlier in the evening + live performances. Featuring exclusive resident DJ Dean Sherry+ weekly guests both on support & headline plus occasional internationals. This is a weekend highlight to experience and something the city has been waiting for… Over 25s.
Slide Step – the Dublin Show
This brand new Irish music, dance and performance spectacular, featuring the award winning Slide Step Dance Company, is a thrilling journey through Ireland’s colourful tradition of dance and song. From the social dances of the past, to the cutting edge modern choreography of Ireland today, Slide Step The Dublin Show also showcases the very best of Irish performance art with breath-taking aerial display and show stopping vocal talent. The show’s cast includes Ireland’s finest musicians, dancers and performance artists, making Slide Step The Dublin Show an experience you will never forget.
For reservations book now at Number Twenty Two box office on 22 South Anne Street, Dublin 2, Tel (01) 7079899 open daily from 10am, or contact the team via the enquiry form for party/event hire enquiries.
- Craft beers
- Food served
- Free Wifi
- Full bar licence
- Group bookings 10-200+ guests
- Late licence
- Live music/bands
- Projector & speakers for presentations
- Reservations/bookings accepted