Personal Information We Collect
When you contact a venue through the VenueSearch.ie via one of our enquiry or contact forms, we collect certain information from you, including your name, email address, and phone number. We refer to this information as “Contact Information.”
When you visit VenueSearch.ie, we automatically collect certain information about your device, including information about your rough location, time zone, and some of the cookies that are installed on your device. Additionally, as you browse the site, we collect information about the individual web pages or products that you view, what websites or search terms referred you to the site if available, and information about how you interact with the site. We refer to this automatically-collected information as “Device Information.”
We collect Device Information using the following technologies:
– “Cookies” are data files that are placed on your device or computer and often include an anonymous unique identifier. For more information about cookies, and how to disable cookies, visit http://www.allaboutcookies.org.
– “Log files” track actions occurring on the Site, and collect data including your browser type, Internet service provider, referring/exit pages, and date/time stamps.
– “Web beacons,” “tags,” and “pixels” are electronic files used to record information about how you browse the Site.
How Do We Use Your Personal Information
We use the Contact Information that you provide to the Site so that we can provide a service to you. Examples how we use this Contact Information to:
– Communicate with you (i.e. to send you a confirmation notification when you have submitted a venue enquiry);
– Share your venue enquiry with your chosen venue for the purposes of receiving a response / fulfulling a booking request;
– Screen venue enquiries for potential spam, fraud or other unscrupulous reasons; and
– When in line with the preferences you have shared with us, provide you with information relating to our products or services (i.e. if you decide to opt in to our newsletter).
We use the Device Information that we collect to help us screen for potential spam and more generally to improve and optimize our website (for example, by generating analytics about how our customers browse and interact with the site and make improvements to the user experience, and to assess the success of our marketing and advertising campaigns).
Sharing Your Personal Information
The security of your data is important to us. We have strict security controls in place and perform regular monitoring of our systems to identify possible vulnerabilities and attacks. This information is deleted regularly for your safety. However, we cannot warrant the security of any information that you send to us. No guarantee is given that the data will not be accessed, disclosed, altered, or destroyed by breach of any of our physical, technical, or managerial safeguards.
VenueSearch.ie uses the following cookies on this website:
– Google Analytics
– Google Cookies
– Google Remarketing Cookies
– Facebook Remarketing Cookies
We use Google Analytics to help us understand how our customers use the Site. Google Analytics generates anonymous statistical and other information about website use by means of cookies, which are stored on users’ computers. The information generated relating to our website is used to create reports about the use of the website. You can read more about how Google uses this information here: https://www.google.com/intl/en/policies/privacy/.
You can opt out of targeted advertising by visiting:
Facebook – https://www.facebook.com/settings/?tab=ads
Google – https://www.google.com/settings/ads/anonymous
Do Not Track
Please note that we do not alter our Site’s data collection and use practices when we see a Do Not Track signal from your browser.
If you are a European resident, you have the right to access personal information we hold about you and to ask that your personal information be corrected, updated, or deleted. If you would like to exercise this right, please contact us through the contact information below.
Additionally, if you are a European resident we note that we are processing your information in order to fulfil contracts we might have with you (for example if you submit a venue enquiry through the Site), or otherwise to pursue our legitimate business interests listed above.
The amount of time that we retain data for, depends on the type of data being retained, and how that is used. In some cases, there will be a legal requirement for us to hold data for a specified amount of time. In other cases, we will not retain the data for any longer than necessary for the purpose that it was collected and processed. When you submit an enquiry or contact form through the website, we will maintain your Contact Information for our records for a minimum of 1 year, unless or until you ask us to delete this information.
For more information about our privacy practices, if you have questions, or if you would like to make a complaint, please contact us by e-mail at email@example.com or by mail using the details provided below:
VenueSearch.ie, 007 Vantage East, Bldg. 2, Leopardstown, Dublin, D18, Ireland